Thursday, December 10, 2015

Reading Feedback

           This semester has given me the opportunity to read more than I have in a long time, and not only were the readings all really interesting, but they were all stories that people often reference from all kinds of different cultures. Without having them all in one place like this, I probably never would have gotten to read as much as I did.
            My favorite readings were all of the fairy tales. I know that that is vague, but I really thought it was great to read so many different fairy tales from so many different cultures and see how they all were similar and different. It was a really connective experience.
            I think that it was most effective to do all of the reading in a day and let them soak it. I also found that I got more out of the story if I read each one completely before writing my notes over it, because then I only wrote down what really resonated with me. I found that if I did it at the same time it was too easy to just write a summary.
            I think the balance between reading, writing, and commenting was really well thought out. I never felt like I was really ever doing one more so than the other, so I think it all worked together really well.

            My advice is the same as it would have been at the beginning (and I should have listened to myself) read ahead, get ahead, and do enough so that you’re not going to be on the line at the end of the semester. Take the extra credit at the beginning because you might need it at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment