Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 8 Reading Plan

Image Information: Alice about to enter Wonderland. Source: John Tenniel
Week 9: Alaska (Regional Anthologies)
I chose this reading unit because I supposedly have family from the Alaska area and have never learned anything about them or what their culture or beliefs are like.

Week 10: Marriage Tales (Thematic Anthologies)
Who doesn’t like a good story about animals mixed with marriage. Couldn’t pass it up.

Week 11: Alice in Wonderland
This is my literary guilty pleasure and I’d be remiss to not read it again in a different perspective offered by this class.

Week 12: Alice Through the Looking-Glass
Same as week 11. I love it.

Week 13: Librivox (Brothers Grimm)
Fairytales at their finest (and weirdest).

 Week 14: Ashliman (Brothers Grimm)

I’m intrigued by the addition of an origin story such as Adam and Eve. I’d be very interested to see what the Brothers did to this tale.

2 comments:

  1. I like the units that you have chosen for the remainder of the semester! I read the Marriage Tales unit this week and thought that it was very good. I'll admit some of the stories were a bit odd, but still good. I seriously considered reading the Alice units for those weeks because I have never read them! However, I decided I would read them for my Extra Readings this semester. The Grimm units are great, of course! I read both of these units already and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices for the rest of the semester. Alice is one of my favorites. I did a lot of extra reading on Alice. My absolute favorite unit though is the Brothers Grimm. I do every other extra reading on those. I really like that the original Disney princess stories are In there. I like to read those and compare them to the ones we see today. I wrote my favorite storytelling from Brothers Grimm.

    ReplyDelete